Zhaleen's desk

My personal thoughts on life, ministry, people, myself and my God

My Photo
Name:
Location: Quezon City, Philippines

Bring it on!!! I'm ready to pick a fight!!!

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Speaking an Unfamiliar Language


We ministered recently to a church in Davao. My husband, Pastor Carlo, was invited to preach in their Sunday Service. His message is Building a Visionary Church. He ended his sermon by challenging those members who are willing to commit their lives to help build their church. A lot of people responded to the challenge and he asked me to help him minister to each one of them.

I had an experience of a lifetime.. When I was ministering to one of the ladies who stood for the challenge, I had a prayer in mind that I wanted to speak out. Surprisingly, when I started praying for her, I prayed in straight Bisaya (the local dialect in their province). I am not a speaker of Bisaya, except for a few words like greetings. But when I was ministering, I spoke in Bisaya. I could understand in Filipino what I was saying in Bisaya. It is indeed an amazing experience...

I realize that if God would need to twist our tongue a little so He can use us to minister to others, He can do it and will do it. And the glory goes to no man but to His name alone.

Now, I understand when He said, "do not be afraid of what you will speak to the people that I am sending you to, for I will be the One who will put the words to speak in your mouth." Indeed, He was the One who put the words that I spoke when we ministered to a Bisayan church in Davao. Amazing God! The glory is His alone...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow! praise God!!! di ba po ate, sabi nila kung anong language yung tongues mo, that's where the Lord will most probably assign you? =)

5:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ang Ginoo maga uban kanimo kanunay ate zha. hehe.

6:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow!..sana nxt time ate french naman =)

7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home